In the interest of the wellness and public safety of our guests and the Hornby community, we ask for your help and understanding with the following.
Please follow all Provincial Orders regarding COVID19 and other communicable diseases located HERE.
We would like to thank all our guests and owners who contributed to a successful and healthy 2022 holiday season on Hornby Island. As we move into 2023 we look forward to another healthy and happy season. In order to do that we ask that you ensure that you are healthy when you visit and if you do get sick, please self isolate so that you do not pass on your communicable illness to others. If you do have to go out of the home if you think you are sick, please consider wearing a mask to protect others.
Wind and Waves follows a strict stay home when sick policy for our staff and continues to have enhanced cleaning protocols in place. We are not completely through this challenging period and we ask that all of us work to ensure that we continue to use good health practices and ensure we can continue to recovery from the challenges of the past three years.
We have left some of our COVID19 policy below as it has some very good reminders for us all.
While you are here...
- Wear a mask when out in pubic spaces if you think you may be sick and if required by public health guidelines
- Practice appropriate social distancing
- Wash your hands frequently and diligently
- Hand-washing Hornby style: Wet hands, turn off the water, lather hands for 20 seconds, turn on water and rinse. No need to run water the whole time
- Practice cough etiquette by coughing into your elbow
- Please note that check-in times for all our homes is 4pm to allow for enhanced cleaning procedures
- Do not share food, drinks, utensils, cigarettes, vaping devices, etc. with those outside your family bubble
- Be prepared to leave the night before. Check out time is 10am in order to facilitate the increased cleaning protocols
- You are required to take your garbage and recycling to the Depot, plan to spend more time than usual. There are line ups now to facilitate physical distancing and new processing measures. For expediency, sort properly before going up there, or it might be best to take your garbage with you
- If you need medical emergency call 911. Hornby Island has one doctor on duty and one RN in a small medical clinic. Our first responders and fire fighters are hard working volunteers who are usually overtasked during the summer months.
We must strive to take care of ourselves and each another
Thanks for lending support
We are stronger and safer when we work together