In the interest of the wellness and public safety of our guests and the Hornby community, we ask for your help and understanding with the following.
Please follow all Provincial Orders regarding COVID19 located HERE.
Before you come... To prevent cross contamination, please bring your own...
- Kitchen basics (salt, pepper, cooking oil, condiments, paper napkins etc.), shampoo, soap, and hand-sanitizer. These can be purchased from the Co-op and Ford's Cove
- Bed linens, pillows, towels, dishcloths & dishtowels
While you are here...
- Wear a mask when out in pubic spaces in accordance with Public Health Guidelines
- Practice appropriate social distancing at all times
- Wash your hands frequently and diligently.
- Hand-washing Hornby style: Wet hands, turn off the water, lather hands for 20 seconds, turn on water and rinse. No need to run water the whole time
- Practice cough etiquette. Cough into elbow
- Expect later check-in times than before. Everyone is following enhanced cleaning procedures and this requires a much greater turnover time
- Please consider going somewhere else to enjoy the day if the place you go to is crowded or busy
- Do not share food, drinks, utensils, cigarettes, vaping devices, etc. with those outside your family bubble
When you are leaving...
- Be prepared to leave the night before. Check out times will earlier than normal to facilitate the increased cleaning protocols, and check in will be later
- Please take your garbage and recycling to the Depot, plan to spend more time than usual. There are line ups now to facilitate physical distancing and new processing measures. For expediency, sort properly before going up there, or it might be best to take your garbage with you
- Hornby Island has one doctor on duty and one RN in a small medical clinic. If you have an emergency please call 911. Our first responders and fire fighters are hard working volunteers who are usually overtasked during the summer months
We must strive to take care of ourselves and each another
Thanks for lending support
We are stronger and safer when we work together