We welcome you to Hornby and hope you enjoy your vacation!
Hornby Island is a special place filled with immense natural biodiversity and fragile natural beauty. Our small community is equally diverse and remarkable. Vacationing on Hornby is a unique opportunity to live on a Gulf Island, even if only for a week or two. One of the things brought to light by the pandemic is the refuge small communities provide, but also the toll tourism extracts on them. Coupled with the challenges of climate crisis. We count on your help to protect Hornby.
We know that once a family visits Hornby for the first time, they become part of our extended family and return year after year. The owners are opening their homes to your family so that you can experience the same Hornby that they fell in love with. Help us keep the island this way for our next generations.
Guests are asked to abide by the following basic Rules and Guidelines:
- Please respect the neighborhood and your neighbor’s right to quiet enjoyment of their home. Loud music and noise is prohibited outside at any time of the day. Quiet time: 10pm to 9am, please be a good neighbor!
- Overnight guests shall not exceed the property’s posted occupancy. Only registered guests shall occupy the rental property.
- All rental properties are designated for residential use consistent with the Hornby Island property zoning. Large groups, events, receptions or like-kind events are not permitted at any of Wind and Waves vacation properties.
- Cars parked on premises shall not exceed published parking capacity of property. Cars must be parked in the driveway or designated parking area of the rental property. Parking in neighboring yards or driveways of the rental property is prohibited. Vehicles may not be driven or parked where not allowed.
- Adhere to the posted road signage (speed limits, parking, etc.).
- Motor homes and campers are prohibited and may not be parked or hooked up at the rental property.
- Tents are only permitted with the written permission of Wind and Waves and are not to be used to increase the occupancy on the rental agreement.
- Charcoal grilling on the deck is prohibited; it is a fire hazard.
- Only registered pets are allowed in designated rental properties. Dogs are not permitted at Tribune Bay Provincial Park during the rental season.
- None of the Wind and Waves homes permit smoking of any kind either inside or outside the homes.
- Please conserve water. Water on Hornby Island precious. It is important to follow the water conservation suggestions that are posted in each home. The water table becomes very low in the summer and many of our full time residents depend on surface wells. Learn more about ways to help HERE.
- Help keep Hornby clean! Ensure you pick up your garbage when you leave the beach or the park, and if you see someone else has left theirs – help out and pick it up and put it in the garbage. Many of the beaches have garbage cans at the public entrances to help with this.
- Share the roadway and the trails with others. There are many people biking and walking on the road and we want everyone to be safe and enjoy their time connecting with the island.
We know that most visitors to Hornby treat the Island as if it was their home and already follow these rules and guidelines and for those families this will be a reminder that compliance with these rules will assure that both you and your neighbors will enjoy your stay.
We're glad you're here and want you to have a great time.